Areas of care: Marital, Pre-Marital, Men, Women, Grief, Finances
ALV Biblical Guidance Ministry provides guidance to individuals and couples seeking God’s answers to the problems and questions of life. Even in today’s complicated world you can be hopeful in the fact that God provides answers to life’s toughest problems. Here at ALV we’re committed to guidance based only on Biblical principles rather than secular methods. Biblical guidance involves the Lord as guidance, pointing out His path of discipleship and unfolding His process of growing in Christ Jesus. The goal is eternal life changes, not a temporary “fix” that may only work for a season.
What is Biblical Guidance?
Biblical guidance is utilizing the power of God to achieve the purposes of God. Biblical guidance provides hope for change through the Bible and the working of the Holy Spirit in the lives of Christian people.
What Kind of guidance is offered?
Biblical guidance is available for any problem you may be facing—marriage, parenting, divorce issues, addictions, disorders, depression, fear, worry, anger, grief, etc. Our guidance is based on God’s Truth as found in the Bible.
What are the fees for guidance?
ALV does not charge for guidance. This is a ministry done out of love for Christ and for people.
What are your hours of operation?
Phone hours are from 8:30 am to 5pm. Guidance hours vary and are dependent upon when the minister and the person can set a time to meet, but no later than 5pm. How do I make an appointment? You may call 702.362.9000 and leave a message and the minister administrator will get back with you to set up an appointment.
What if I miss an appointment?
We ask that appointments be canceled 24 hours in advance except in the case of emergencies. This will allow time slots for others who wish to come in for guidance. How long are appointments? Each session is approximately one hour long and can continue as long as six weeks. Our goal is not to commit to long term guidance but to disciple those being guided and encourage them to get involved in other areas of ministry such as Men’s Ministry or Women’s Ministry.
Who are the ministers?
ALV ministers are pastors and other qualified individuals trained in biblical guidance.
What will be expected of me?
Your minister will expect at least four things from you. First, that you will have a willingness to grow and change, second, that you will attend weekly sessions, third, that you will complete homework assignments that ensure lasting change and fourth that you will regularly attend Sunday morning services at Awaken Las Vegas.
Guidance General Policies for persons to know prior to meeting:
- Everything will be held in strict confidence except where, in the minister’s judgment, there is a biblical requirement to involve others.
- Guidance is based on Biblical principles. None of the ministers are licensed as psychotherapists.
- Men do not guide women one-on-one, and women do not guide men one-on-one.
- Biblical guidance is a ministry so we can offer it free of charge; however, we ask that you be faithful to the time you commit to providing a minimum of 24-hour’s notice if cancellation is necessary.
- All formal guidance is done at the church.
- By accepting guidance by Awaken Las Vegas (ALV) the person agrees to commit to the guidance by being faithful to a regular schedule of worship, studying and completion of homework assignments, and being honest and open.
What Should the Person Expect from the Church Guidance Ministry?
Prior to first session, person is asked to come in 10 minutes early to read and sign a ALV Biblical Guidance Intake & Waiver Form (see Forms to right). Follow-up appointments will be established at the end of session. Meeting agendas will typically follow this format:
- Open with prayer.
- The person verbalizes the problem, need concern, etc.
- Through a process of dialogue, “major” issues are brought forth.
- The Pastor/minister will begin to teach, correct, and train in righteousness as the Holy Spirit convicts the heart of the guideed.
- Assign reading homework (if applicable).
- Close in prayer.